Who should offer pujas at Thirunallar Temple?
Saturn comes into the life of each and every person some time or other, depending upon the horoscope at the time of his birth. So everyone should worship Him. For the following categories of people it is all the more essential to worship Him
- Those who are having the Saturn Dasa running. Its period is 19 years. Those who were born in the 'Poosham, Anusham and Uttirattati Nakshtras, will have their first Dasa as 'Sani'.
- Those undergoing the 7 ½ year Shani (sade-sati shani or ezhara shani). - Natives of Vrischika, Dhanus and Makara Rasi
- Those that are having Shani as Neecham in Mesham.
- Those that are having Shani in the 4th, 7th, 10th (Kandaka) and 8th houses (Ashtama) from Raasi.
- Kanya Rasi natives who are undergoing Arda-Ashtama Shani
- Rishaba Rasi natives who are undergoing Ashtama Shani
The above basically illustrates that all of us are under the influence of Saneeswara some time or other to varying degrees and worshipping him benefits the devotee.
Video (Tamil) about the Greatness of Thirunallar Temple:
Clear visuals of Lord Saneeswaran idol and archanai - Watch if you cannot visit the Temple
Can you help us translate the video? - Please write to us at email@example.com
For those devotees who cannot visit Thirunallar Temple, we perform pujas on your behalf and send you the prasadam.
Stop fearing effects of Saturn and Lord Saneeswara
Worshiping Lord Shani at Thirunallar temple can reduce ill effects and increase the good effects
Benefits of offering prayers to Lord Sani (Saneeswaran)
For over thousand years Hindus have visited this temple and have found their misfortunes and bad luck to decrease as this is the only temple in the world where Lord Shani lost his power to Lord Shiva.
Worshipping of Lord Shani helps people to develop a positive mindset even during the harshest of Shani periods.
While it is true that offering worship here decreases the difficult effects and increases the positive effects of Saturn it does not completely eliminate the hardships we will face due to Shani Bhagawan.
The true benefit of offering prayers is to get a positive mental attitude that helps us understand the deeper lessons that Shani Bhagawan wants us to learn.
Saturn is known as the Celestial Taskmaster and the Grand Teacher. During the most difficult times we need to pray to Shani Bhagawan so he can help us learn the lessons he wants to teach.
Worship will help us learn to benefit even from the biggest misfortunes that befall us. Worship of Lord Shani will help us benefit from great difficulties, challenges and limitations. It is through these hardships we will learn valuable lessons like discipline, responsibility, endurance, and the strength to pursue our dreams and ambitions.
Saturn’s lessons require you to persevere through trials and to build toward mastery step by step.
We are here to offer pujas on your behalf:
If you order a puja through us we will ensure that:
- We are personally present at the Thirunallar Temple to offer the puja on your behalf.
- We will follow all prescribed rituals while performing the puja
- We will let you know time and date of puja in advance so you can meditate or perform a small puja at home to connect at a spiritual and mental level.
- In addition to the archanai performed by us, we will pay the required fees for either the Sahasranama archanai or the Ashtothra archanai at the office of the temple. You will receive the prasadam directly from the temple.
- We are here to answer any query for yours and are always willing to help.
The significance of the Temple:
At some point or the other every human being undergoes sufferings, hardships and setbacks caused by Planet Saturn in our Horoscope.
By offering pujas at Thirunallar temple we can hope to get some respite.
Legend has it that under the malefic influence of Saturn, King Nala undergoes untold hardships. He loses his Kingdom, is separated from his wife, is transformed to an ugly dwarf and lives a life of penury.
King Nala then offers prayers to Lord Saneeswara at Thirunallar Temple and takes a bath in Nala theertham (the temple pond)
Finally, Lord Saneeswara is appeased and King Nala regains his kingdom, wife, and happiness.
Since that time millions of devotees from every nook and corner of our country visit this temple to get relief from hardships inflicted by Lord Saturn.
Continue reading about the significance of Thirunallar Temple
Location and History of the Temple:
Thirunallar the holy place of Lord Sani is located 5 km's from Karaikal under the jurisdiction of Pondicherry Union Territory.
On reaching the temple that is ideally situated between Arasalaru and Vanchai Rivers people can witness crowds of devotees from across the country and even different countries of the world.
The road leading to the main gopuram is paved with shops and lodges on either side. The raja gopuram has 7 tiers, the second raja gopuram has 5 tiers and the third gopuram has three tiers, these gopurams are covered with beautiful sculptures.
The entrance of the temple is guarded by two Dwara Balakars who have four hands each. At the end of the east street of the temple, the statue of Saint Thirugnanasambandar’s is housed in a beautiful mandapam.
There are three holy corridors around the temple. These holy corridors are called Deva Praharams. There are a number of shrines for Gods and Goddess situated on these deva praharams.
Continue reading about the procedure for offering pujas at Thirunallar Temple
Powerful Mantras for Lord Saneeswara:
Shani Mula Mantra
“Om Sham Shanaiscaryaye Namah.”
Shani Mantra 1
“Neelaamjana Samaabhaasam Raviputram yamaagrajam!
Chchaaya maarthanda sambootham tham namaami shanaishwaram!!”
I bow to Lord Shani, who is black in colour and son of Sun and born to Chaya and brother of Yama , who moves very slowly.
Saturn Transit 2017 - 2020:
During the following periods, Saturn will turn retrograde and return to Scorpio:
- Retrograde dates in 2017 – 21st June to 27th October 2017
- Retrograde dates in 2018 – 19th April 2018 – 6th September 2018
- Retrograde dates in 2019 – 1st May 2019 – 19th September 2019
Who needs to watch out?
- People of Libra Moon Sign (Thula Rasi) heaved a sigh of relief as their sade-sati period came to an end. It is a time for Thula Rasi people to look forward to growth and other positive successes in their lives.
- With this move of Saturn, the Vrischika Rasi (scorpio moon) natives have entered their final phase of sade-sati/ezhare shani.
- The sade-sati for Dhanus Rasi (Sagittarius moon) natives has entered the janma shani (most difficult) phase and it will be a difficult 3 years ahead for them.
- The sade-sati has started for Makara Rasi (Capricorn moon) sign natives
- Arda-Ashtama Shani will begin for Kanya Rasi (Virgo moon sign) natives.
- Ashtama Shani for Rishaba Rasi (Taurus moon sign) natives
Navagraha Hymns: To Appease the 9 Planet Lords:
Recommended Listening for Those Undergoing Hardships or Challenges in Life.